How's your week been. As a Manchester City fan, mine's been pretty mixed. The ups - beating Atletico Madrid. The downs, going to Wembley and seeing City lose to Liverpool in the cup semi final. Thanks to BT we are without internet at our studios, which is a bit of a nightmare. Had a few nice walks around Mill Hill in the Sun.
Anyway, enough of me. What have out esteemed Tweeters been up to?
1. Lets start here. Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday, however you celebrate it!
Best wishes to all celebrating pic.twitter.com/zzRYF37UvO— Mill Hill Library (@MillHillLibrary) April 17, 2022
2. I don't normally do politics in this section, but please vote, even if it's not for me! (My name is second from bottom, which is not, I hope, a prediction of where I'll come!)
Postal Vote delivered today, now it’s decision time, have you decided?, I know I won’t be swayed by the rantings of a so called local community group!— Inside Mill Hill 🇺🇦 (@InsideMillHill) April 16, 2022
If anything he’s putting people off the idea of voting…… pic.twitter.com/ZHp0VZR60d
3. Happy Birthday to one of our fave accounts, I'd like to think we played a small part in it's success
To celebrate 🍾 the 3rd Birthday of @time_nw I've picked something special. The 1953 ABPC picture, 'Will Any Gentlemen...?', starring George Cole, Sid James, and Jon Pertwee, as well as Edgware !..... pic.twitter.com/p3Lj1vQws0— NW London TimeMachine (@time_nw) April 14, 2022
4. Fancy opening a pub in Edgware? We know just the place for you!
5. Did you know Cricklewood has it's own (unofficial) Tourist board
6. Proof that there is one corner of the Borough that hasn't been built on just yet!
East Finchley N2, 👖 pic.twitter.com/GBPuSVpnsa— Jon Cooper (@jon_cooper75) April 13, 2022
7. A date for your diary
On 21 & 22 May is the Barnet Libraries Literary Festival at Finchley Church End Library! We have a stellar line-up of authors for both days. To be the first to know when FREE tickets are released, sign up to our newsletters at https://t.co/1qtt7e3P7h & https://t.co/saflEjUnGk pic.twitter.com/JnSW60YPUA— Barnet libraries (@BarnetLibraries) April 16, 2022
8. Check out your local community radio station
9. We can't turn a blind eye to this. We support the green belt and it is appalling that a nature refuge is being destroyed for financial gain
Destruction of Mill Hill’s green belt by Barratts at the NIMR site. Apparently these are footpaths for residents to “enjoy nature”. All done with the knowledge and co-operation of Mill Hill’s Conservative councillors. @ABetterMillHill pic.twitter.com/3qDsnCo4oe— Richard Logue (@logueys) April 15, 2022
10. A date for your diary
That's all folks