Saturday 19 January 2013

What is it actually like to be black, well educated and living in Great Britain today?

Just occasionally, I come across something that is absolutely brilliant and rekindles my faith in the creativity of the people I share this City with. As a filmmaker, I can fully appreciate what it is like to try and get across something which is important to me, but which many people seem oblivious to. Kassidy Chaplin tweeted this video to me. Being a musician, I watch any video people ask me to watch, perk of the job. I expected this to be another music vid, but it isn't. It is a short film that makes a very powerful point. Kassidy deserves recognition for it and the rest of us should sit up and take note. We need creative and talented people like Kassidy to get the message over and we need to listen. All I can do is draw your attention to it as a blogger. The rest is up to you.

No comments: