It's Sunday so it's that time when we look back on the week through the eyes of the finest tweeters in the Borough of Barnet. Here is our pick of the best.
1. Great to see one of our local clubs finish the season with some silverware!
Congratulations to Mick Hore’s vets team for winning the London Vets Ballerz Cup today! https://t.co/RF9hccg5Tp— Hadley FC (@hadleyfc) May 23, 2021
2. If you heard 'John from Edgware" on LBC you will know why I picked this. John is of course our very own John Sullivan
Please listen to John from Edgware talking about his lovely 56Year old daughter and if you haven't got tears rolling down your face and angry at the same time you must have a heart ❤ https://t.co/SBZnSsqcGJ— Emma (@Emma071970) May 27, 2021
3. The bread they make is absolutely amazing (says he chomping on a slice of their olive bread). Available at Finchley Nurseries.
Some of the baking today including wholemeal bread !! pic.twitter.com/SehSCVd1AJ— Mill Hill Artisan Bakery (@MillHillABakery) May 29, 2021
4. The famous mystery lake of Mill Hill Park reappeared again this week
5. So proud that our community is at the heart of the scientific response to the pandemic
DIAGNOSTIC OF THE WEEK: This newly-installed high throughput @illumina machine at @PHE_uk in Colindale sequences covid positives from #NHS labs in huge batches and puts data straight into shareable systems, massively cutting turnaround times.— Lord Bethell (@JimBethell) May 28, 2021
Well done everyone. #savinglives pic.twitter.com/RFh9UMcr3H
6. Whilst we are talking science etc in Colindale.... A nice tweet from Time_Nw
The entrance to Colindale Underground station in Sept 1955. This was a stop gap solution put in after the original building was hit by a bomb in WW2. Note the tower of the Central Public Health Laboratory, there until the 1980s.— NW London TimeMachine (@time_nw) May 26, 2021
Topical Press photo now owned by the LT Museum. pic.twitter.com/fV7EVOykNi
7. If you read this feature regularly, you'll know what marvellous nature tweets Samuel Levy posts. You now have the opportunity to have a guided tour of the wildlife on Hampstead Heath with him this Wednesday. A true treat!
On Wednesday I have been given the opportunity to run two guided walks around Hampstead Heath. So why not come and enjoy the birds of Urban London. #londonbirds (Disclaimer: Walk's may include some Butterflies & odonata if sunny and warm) https://t.co/EVEX8xKXG7— Samuel Levy (@FinchleyBirder) May 29, 2021
8. Please give your support
Hi @Gailporter! You've supported our library in the past - please consider sharing our crowdfunder so we can get this building open and lending books - it's so needed, especially after Covid.#Cricklewoodhttps://t.co/bKnICRIJwj— 𝙲𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚎𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚍 🇪🇺🏴💙 (@cricklebird) May 25, 2021
9. Half term arts? Check this out
Excited for our first in person project back at CF for Articulate students thanks to Space2Grow funding!@Young_Barnet @articulate_cf @_communityfocus #barnettogether #artsathome #articulatecf #communityfocus #northfinchley #friernbarnet #friarypark #barnet #finchley pic.twitter.com/HjZyMkMUNb— ARTiculate - CF (@ARTiculateCF) May 28, 2021
10. Great to see these legends in Mill Hill
Been great having the these guys in rehearsing for their show in Newcastle tomorrow. Good luck guys. From what we've seen it will be an amazing show https://t.co/E7J3YiQX6O— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) May 28, 2021
That's all folks!