Friday 20 September 2013

The Friday Joke 20/9/2013 - Bless Your Heart !

Two informally dressed ladies happened to start  up a conversation during an endless wait in the LAX  airport.
 
The first lady was an arrogant California woman married to a wealthy man. The second was a well-mannered elderly woman from  northwest Texas .
 
When the conversation centered on whether they had  any children, the California woman started by saying, "When my first child  was born, my husband built a beautiful mansion for me."
 
The lady from Texas commented,  
"Well, bless your  heart."
 
The  first woman continued, "When my second child was born, my husband bought me a  beautiful Mercedes-Benz....
 
Again, the lady from Texas commented, 
"Well, bless your heart."
 
The first woman continued boasting, "Then, when my third child was  born, my husband bought me this exquisite diamond bracelet.
 
Yet again, the lady from Texas commented,
"Well, bless your heart."
 
The first woman then asked her companion,    "What did your husband buy for you when you  had your first child?"
 
"My husband sent me to charm school,"  declared lady from Texas ."
 
Charm school?" the first woman cried,  
"Oh, my  God! What on earth  for?
 
The lady from Texas responded,

"Well for example, instead of saying, "Who gives a s**t?", I learned to say, "Well, bless your  heart!"

No comments: