Saturday 3 January 2015
The Saturday List #75 - Forgotten tasty treats
I was listening to the BBC London Breakfast Show with Jo Good and Simon Lederman this morning and they mentioned Kraft Cheese triangles and Knickerbocker Glories and it got me thinking. It also made me rather hungry! I am sure that some of these still exist, but they are not part of our lives in the way they were.
1. Butterscotch Angel Delight
2. Kraft Cheese Triangles
3. Arctic Roll
4. Birds Tinned custard
5. Knickerbocker Glory
6. Home Made Toad in the Hole
7. Tomato Sauce flavoured Crisps
9. Sherbet fountain (the proper sort!)
10. Hot peanuts from the Dew Drop Shop
11. A 99 flake Ice cream from the Tonibell shop in Burnt Oak with raspberry sauce
12. Sugar Mice from Lambs on the Ridgeway
All of these things were what made life then bearable. I wonder what my kids will recall with such misty eyes.
Click on Labels for related posts: The saturday List