This week, the sun has been out and all manner of weird and wonderful and some not so wonderful things have been happening. Here is our pick
1. We start with a very special anniversary for one of our favourite shops! We joined in the celebration yesterday and purchased a couple of fine bottles of wine.
We've had a great day celebrating our 35th anniversary, thanks to everyone who stopped by to help us celebrate! We're open until 9pm tonight and 12pm till 6 Sunday if you need anything 😀 pic.twitter.com/biscK7kN2f— Mill Hill Wines (@millhillwines) June 9, 2018
2. This is something you may want to check out
Come down to the Midlife job fair 14-15 June 2018 in Cricklewood and Burnt Oak.https://t.co/WRqyOMrlJGhttps://t.co/tWx8ZXODvL#JobFair #Event #apprenticeships pic.twitter.com/gAwWIrXyGT— National Careers LDN (@PG_CareersLon) June 8, 2018
3. Be careful, there are some scumbags out there. Don't use your mobile phone on exposed streets
Woman critical after mobile phone robbery in Edgware https://t.co/qhfvXTVmo2 pic.twitter.com/UwpbSyCal8— Metropolitan Police (@metpoliceuk) June 5, 2018
4. This is something worth checking out. Delicious food and a chance to meet new friends
Learn about and celebrate #Ramadan at North Finchley Mosque’s multi-faith #iftar this Sunday evening in conjunction with @BMFForum pic.twitter.com/Aj0TyAfXQ2— Cllr Alex Prager (@AAPrager) June 8, 2018
5. This is why you shouldn't drink and drive!
Driver of the Honda crashed into a parked car ending up in a front garden in #Finchley— MPS Barnet (@MPSBarnet) June 10, 2018
He tried to flee & evade officers however was located and arrested on suspicion of driving whilst unfit through drink
He blew 120 & 108ml in custody - Charged 🍻➕🚘=❌#ResponseTeamB 🚔 pic.twitter.com/XbZEOJwxbU
6. Last Sunday there was a bomb detonated in Colindale!
Anyone know what’s happening in #colindale this morning? Aerodrome is blocked off with police tape? @MPSColindale pic.twitter.com/yShadsDkZk— Kelly Griffiths (@kellysgriffiths) June 3, 2018
7. If you live in Cricklewood and have some spare time, read this!
Puja from @Munros_store and @anne_clarke from the Cricklewood Town Team will be running the free flower crown stall at the Cricklewood Festival on 23 June. They need another volunteer or two, many hands make light work and it’s loads of fun. pic.twitter.com/GAbJkyJmyb— NW2 Res Association (@NW2_RA) June 9, 2018
8. Mill Hill's army of litter pickers was out and about yesterday
This morning Mill Hill Litter Pickers @HillLitter cleared the embankment next to the station of 15 huge bags of rubbish!!! 😮 pic.twitter.com/BmUJNw9ws5— Mill Hill Broadway (@MillHillBwy) June 9, 2018
9. There was a massive war in Barnet yesterday. Luckily all of the participants were able to have a thirst quenching pint after
After a hard day’s fighting, it’s time to head for the beer! Thank you to all the wonderful re-enactors who brought the #WarsoftheRoses to life today. They’ll all be here again tomorrow so come on down to #BarnetMedFest2018 - it’s FREE! https://t.co/EmtJEcCehc pic.twitter.com/ywkbklJaYi— Battle of Barnet (@BattleofBarnet) June 9, 2018
10. Any aspiring drummers out there?
Have you ever fancied learning to play drums - We have excellent drum tutors at Mill Hill Music Complex. We provide the drum kit, all you need are sticks. Lessons start at £16 and you can have solo rehearsal for only £4 per hour (kit and cymbals provided)https://t.co/vl7bvyC5vM— MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) June 7, 2018
Be sure to follow any Tweeters who tickle your fancy (or anything else).