Tuesday 14 April 2020

How to succeed in the music business with no talent at all - Rog T's autobiography

Last year I started writing my memoirs. It is the story about how a dyslexic herbert, with no talent at all ended up running one of London, if not the worlds, most respected independent studios. It is also the story of my band, The False Dots, which is integral to the development of the studios and also my friends and family who have supported me. Apart from pictures and a few final edits, it's nearly there, so if you are or you know any publishers who might be interested, then please let me know!

As I've some unexpected time on my hands, and you may have too, I thought I'd read a small extract. This features some rather well known musicians in passing, who play a part in the story,  including Hank B.Marvin, Alan Warner of the Foundations and Boz Boorer of the Polecats/Morrissey fame.

This takes us back to 1979, when I was 16 years old, just learning to be a musician and putting the band together. This is the story of our first recording and how it came together. More importantly it tells how I developed a love of the recording process.

This is a first for me, I hope you enjoy it.

Have a peaceful and safe day and let me know what up think.

No comments: