When I saw nutters like that, my Dad who ran a Crash Repair business would say "Don't complain, my best customers drive like that and put a roof over your head". It inspired me to start to put together a Flickr album of Pictures taken over the years at Bunns Lane WorksEdgware driver arrested driving at 163mph in Edgware pic.twitter.com/GE0Zgqqc7f— Roger Tichborne/RogT #CTID 🏴☠️🇬🇧 (@Barneteye) April 28, 2020
Sharp eye'd readers will have seen a few of these before. I love pictures of industrial buildings., so make no apology. If you find such things dull, then don't bother having a look!
So what have you achieved during Lockdown. Here is my list so far.
1. I've learned to play the melody of The Sweeney on guitar.
2. I've written a songA bit of fun for a Lockdown Sunday. Name that tune! A free pot noodle when Mill Hill Music Complexing reopens. Please message so you don’t spoil the fun! pic.twitter.com/eupEgvURSi— Roger Tichborne/RogT #CTID 🏴☠️🇬🇧 (@Barneteye) April 26, 2020
3. I've digitised the pictures I need for my autobiography (now I need to add them) to the text.
4. I've baked a chocolate cake that was pretty good for my Daughters birthday
5. I've written a few blogs, that have had an extraordinarily good reception.
6. I've worked out a better way to cook roast potatoes.
7. I've re-acquainted myself with the prettiest route to cover the Darlands nature reserve walk.
8. I've managed to talk one of my friends out of doing something rather stupid. It seems that some people are getting very hot under the collar. The phrase "Promise me you'll sleep on this and we can discuss it tomorrow" is a very useful way to address such issues.
9. I've re-acquainted myself with some great tracks.
10. I've caught up with a couple of friends by phone who I should have had a beer with and will when the time comesFeeling bored. I've put together a lockdown list of artists that have fallen off the radar and deserve another listen. Check it outhttps://t.co/cm9DqGr2Ru— Roger Tichborne/RogT #CTID 🏴☠️🇬🇧 (@Barneteye) April 25, 2020
What do you think? Any suggestions?@CrowleyOnAir @RobertElms @DavidGrantSays @CarrieGrant1 @middleagedminx @EddieNestorMBE
Now, with the rain coming down, the lockdown seems much more real. I wish I could just hibernate. But maybe, I'll get busy and get on with things a bit more. The big problem is that my daughter is getting her final dissertation together for Uni, so we all have to be quiet, it was easier when we could all go outside.