Don't forget to follow any tweeters who tickle your fancy
1. Firstly a big thanks from everyone to all who are doing their bit. Big thumbs up to the @dayoftheRaj for keeping our NHS workers fed
2. If you want to get a mention here, find a clip like this. Great stuff. Love the ads on the hoarding!
@Slouloulou FYI— Gary (Garrington) Baldy. (@gazeeebo64) April 30, 2020
1968 - Edgware High Street, into Burnt Oak Broadway - 1968 https://t.co/olKKcDEB1O via @YouTube
3. Aliens have come to Edgware! Surely that is big news!
United Kingdom London Edgware 2009-06-24 case:https://t.co/O7Y0cyvjU8 download:https://t.co/HDAsZXWYlw— UFO CASE ALIEN (@multistagecorre) April 30, 2020
🔭 🌜 🌑 🌚 👽#UFO#UFOs#aliens#OVNI
archive on https://t.co/j3cxdxJERE
we oppose deception! pic.twitter.com/R392a6u4gX
4. Lest we forget....
#OTD in 1915, Cpl Arthur, known as Maynard, Booth, London Regt, died in #Belgium, aged 26, helping wounded man. Accountant. Brother killed 25 days later. Pupil at @MerchantTaylors Family lived at 17 Holmwood Gdns #Finchley & members of St Luke's Church. On their RoH & #MeninGate pic.twitter.com/hf2HjtNajU— St Paul’s Finchley (@StPaulsFinchley) May 3, 2020
5. I hope we see many more like this in the coming week, get sharing your family VE Day pictures
In advance of the VE bank holiday, sharing a photo of the VE day celebrations taken in Temple Road, Cricklewood, London, NW2, which includes my father Patrick McNicholas and friends. pic.twitter.com/fCNECfczsj— Elaine Evans (@Elainesresource) May 1, 2020
6. A long standing record was broken last year, as detailed here!
Next in our hall of fame is Manjit Singh who hit a then club record 184 not out. The 27 year old record was finally beaten last season by Shaun Gomes as he scored 200 not out after we had slumped to 19 for 5! pic.twitter.com/aXfaEhc48T— Old Hendon CC 🏏 (@OldHendonCC) April 30, 2020
7. I love snippets of information like this, hope you do to
On the set of feature film Siamese Cop (shot in 1997 at the former Colney Hatch Lunatic Asylum in Friern Barnet & never commercially released) with thanks to @cinefilosftv for the photo 🤗 https://t.co/igUvBNOlkO #tbt #throwbackthursday #throwback #indiefilmmaking #moviememories pic.twitter.com/KJOg9xilLM— Frazer Lee (@frazer_lee) April 30, 2020
8. Love this tweet from one of our regulars!
The (pre-rebuild) Bald Faced Stag was the centre of traditional May Day festivities for the whole of Middlesex. The hay carts that carried the fuel for London horses down the Edgware Road from the fields were decked out and displayed. Sadly it seems to have faded by the 1920s pic.twitter.com/KALJwuGlIc— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) May 1, 2020
9. If you read Richard Wilkinsons Mill Hill Quiz answers yesterday, you will recognise this name! Nice tweet!
10. The day Albert Lee came to Mill Hill to make music!
https://t.co/xmE3Gtvs3B— Shawn Harvey Music (@ShawnHarveyMus1) April 30, 2020
One i recorded with Albert Lee produced by Boz Boorer at Mill Hill London.#bozboorer #albertlee #millhillrecordingstudio @MillHillMusicCo
That's all folks