Saturday 25 July 2020

The Saturday List #272 - My ten favourite pictures of Bunns Lane Work, Mill Hill

Where do you work? What do you see there? I work in a music studio in Bunns Lane Works, a small industrial estate in Mill Hill. I love the place, you see the most interesting things. What do you think? What do you see where you work?

1. I love this picture, which I took recently. A large tower has been installed next to the M1. This will eventually have an advertising hording on top. I sneaked up to the top of it to take this picture of our studio HQ.

Bunns Lane Works electronic sign


2. A lot of small businesses operate from storage containers on the site. These include garden maintenance companies, import exporters and a cardboard wholesaler

Bunns Lane Works electronic sign
3. We see some rather interesting vehicles, as our customers have a good selection of carriages! I rather like this one

Bunns Lane Works collection
4. This is another of my favourite visitors

Bunns Lane Works collection
5. This rather fine motor reminded me of our trip to Cuba a couple of years back.

Bunns Lane Works collection
6. This is one of my favourite pics, a very moody scene taken during break from a False Dots rehearsal last Autumn

Bunns Lane Works collection
7. My brother is a rather fine welder, this is an excellent example of some work he did for a local sculptor

Bunns Lane Works collection
8. Every so often large vehicles take a wrong turn and get stuck under the M1 motorway bridge. It causes havoc, this was one of the recent incidents

Bunns Lane Works collection
9. Our family has had a long association with the site. This picture was taken in 1962. My father ran a crash repairers called MacMetals from 1950 to 1984 on the site. I was raised around motors, most were not quite as impressive as this
Bunns Lane Works collection

10.If ever you wondered what our studios looked like inside, here is a trip down the corridor


That's all folks!

No comments: