I'm not gonna mess about. The skies are grey. It is raining. The world is run by narcissistic maniacs. Social media has turned into a cesspit of vile abuse. Everyone seems to have an opinion about everything and 99% of it is offensive and ill informed. But don't despair. We let the 1% of terrible things in our lives cast a shadow of the 99% that is great. I can't solve your financial problems, get rid of the trolls, replace the narcissistic leaders with good ones. But I can put a smile on your face, or at least I can try to. So here are ten things that I hope will do the trick. They certainly put a smile on my face!
1, Some sage advice from Fletcher to Godber. If you can't change your situation, change your mindset
2. Perhaps the greatest comedy film ever. Perhaps the best moment. Be careful of false messiah's!
3. Is there a better song? Not for me. When I am down, this does the trick. Mr Ian Dury is the man. Just remember, he wasn't an oil painting. He was disabled. He did this!
4. One of the bands and songs that are massive influences on me. I love this song and the video "Good morning Mrs Jones, how's your Berts Lumbago" is perhaps the best line ever in any song. One I am jealous of!
5. Legend has it that Ritchie Havens made this up on the spot as he was asked to play for longer, as the next band hadn't arrived. I met him at Ronnie Scotts a year before he died. He had an aura unlike anyone. A man of spirituality who just made me feel good.
6. Michael Parkinson with Emu. How can you watch this and not laugh and feel better.
7. The Goodies - Kitten Kong. A classic TV moment. Silly but great fun
8. Hale and Pace, the Swedish Sauna sketch. A much overlooked classic
9, I love James Bond films. I especially love Roger Moore, and not just because of his cool name and the fact he used to live up the road (really). He made the franchise fun. This was the greatest moment.
10. And finally! I've spent the last 47 years trying to make music to make people happy. I hope I've succeeded. Here is "We all love a party" from last year. I think this is a great fun song. People seem to like it..
I hope at least a few of these put a smile on your face. Pass on the love. What do you do to make yourself smile?
No comments:
Post a Comment