Saturday 26 September 2009

One for the road - Some great clips for Saturday night

As regular readers will know, I like to post a few of my favourate clips for a Saturday night. I usually like to have a theme and tonight's theme is ........ Feel good West Coast American rock. I chose these clips because something in all of them made me snigger.


First up, the sublime Boz Scaggs. I love his music, but in this clip I rather think he looks like Tony Blair - Sorry Boz - still a great song though


Next up, the Beach Boys. This is from the USA Live Aid 1985. Awesome song, awesome band, but Al Jardine's shirt is just like one I bought for a bad taste party.


Next on the list, one of my fave songs - Not so Sweet Martha Lorraine by Country Joe and the Fish at Monterey Pop. A very strange and dark song. Only trouble is Joe looks rather like one of my nephews did after my sister got drunk and offered to paint his face when he was just a wee nipper


Next up, another fave. This is Quicksilver Messenger Service from the same gig. Check out the guy at the front in the Tank Top (stop it at 11 seconds).  He looks happy doesn't he. I know how he feels.


Anyway, whereever you are and whatever you're up to have a great evening.

No comments: