Sunday 19 May 2019

The Tweets of the week in the London Borough of Barnet - 19/05/2019

Usually putting this list together is a task I look forward to. Today it is rather a chore, but fortunately as I plough through the mire of inane and banal, which it seems sporadically gushes in our neck of the woods, there are as ever some fantastic tweets. Maybe I am just grumpy because I had a wonderful day at the Cup final, a very pleasant meal with friends at The Bull and Gate in Kentish Town, and then saw the Specials. I am suffering for my sins! Anyway, enough of me, here's our selection of the best of the local tweets, showing that there's actually a few sane rational people on Twitter in Barnet and they have something interesting to say!

1. It is rather sad to see the beautiful Darlands Lake Nature reserve looking like this. This lake used to be full of beautiful mature carp and in the 1960's even had a boathouse, so locals could rent boats to enjoy it. Everyone in Mill Hill should want to see it restored to its former glory. I'd settle for it being properly maintained and alive with fish.



2. Interesting thread on Edgware pubs from BBC Radio London industrial correspondent Mark Amies.


3. I must confess I rather like what the NW2 Residents Association done around Cricklewood is amazing. Seems like I'm not the only one


4. Anyone know what is happening to this Burnt Oak Landmark?




5. Respect to our local hero, Anthony Joshua, for remembering his roots!


6. Great pictures of the Gaumont in Finchley. I used to wait for the 221 bus home from FCHS when I was a teenager. You never think these landmarks will disappear without trace


7. We rather like the architecture of garages back in the day when people wanted to make buildings visually pleasing


8. Once again we take our hats off to the Colindale litter pickers


9. Congratulations to Emily and Are, who celebrate their fifth anniversary of running the Chandos Arms pub. They have done an amazing job!




10. Good luck to everyone coming to Mill Hill today to do Rock School Exams!



That's all folks!!!


No comments: