Friday 6 August 2021

The Friday Joke 6th August 2021

 There really could only be one Friday joke this week. We watched Eric and Ernie, the lost tapes earlier in the week. It is easy to forget how good they were. If you haven't watched it, I'd highly recommend it.  I don't really understand why no one was ever able to really step forward and fill their shoes. We seem to have lost the art of the big Saturday night show, crammed with stars, that the whole family could watch. A friend said "that's because kids don't watch TV with their parents anyore". I suspect the reason for that is because there is nothing on that is worth watching that cuts across the generations in such a way. I was a punk rebel when I was 15, but if I was in I'd sit with my folks and laugh my head off to Morecombe and Wise. 

So without further ado, here is my favourite Morcombe and Wise sketch. Enjoy

No comments: