Sunday 12 July 2009

Brian Coleman update

I was going to have a day off highlighting the issues raised by Councillor Brian Coleman, but I couldn't help but comment on the fact that he's started blogging again, albiet on the Conservative Home website.

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/localgovernment/2009/07/fire-brigade-worked-magnificently-over-southwark-blaze.html

The most interesting thing on this is the comments. There is a marked reluctance of anyone to say a single nice thing about Brian Coleman, on what should be friendly territory. So much so that the Conservatives, you know those fearless defenders of free speech closed down the comment thread with this comment.
-------------------------------------------------------
Tim Montgomerie said...

This thread has exceeded its useful life.

-------------------------------------------------------

Note to Tim Montgomery : It's not the thread which reached the end of it's useful life, it's the career of Brian Coleman. Wake up and smell the coffee mateypoo !!!!!

3 comments:

Don't Call Me Dave said...

Rog

When you get to the situation where a politician cannot even make a serious point without being ridiculed by members of his own party, then he should know that the game is up.

Coleman cannot gratuitously insult bloggers one minute and then resort to blogging the next to get himself what he hopes will be some good publicity.

Rog T said...

David,

I've long thought it would be in everyone's interests for Coleman to go. I have come to the conclusion that the majority of Tories in both Barnet and London now agree.

I suspect that this blog was an attempt to begin his rehabilitation. The ordinary members of the Tory party can see right through this. A couple of people at my childrens school fair today asked me why I thought the Tories put up with him. I didn't have an answer. I wonder if any of them actually could answer that one?

Brian Coleman aka Mr Toad has GOT to go said...

Mr Toad is making a habit recently of doing saying one thing and doing the opposite.

I have flagged up this one along with a couple of others at:
http://colemansgottogo.blogspot.com/2009/07/bart-simpson-defence.html