Saturday 18 July 2009

The curious case of the missing trousers.


Last night my old mate Boz Boorer helped me solve a 12 year old mystery. We all met up for an Orange Hill School reunion. I arranged to meet Boz at St Albans Station, where his cab would deliver us to the pub. As we hopped in the car, he announced that the driver used to be my next door neighboour. (The driver is the guy on the left in the picture). I asked the driver how long ago he lived there. He said "oh, years ago". I asked "I remember you guys, you used to get really mashed and hop over the fence and jump in my kids paddling pool". He said "Oh, I don't remember that". I replied "I do. One time I chased you out at about 4am in the morning. Funny thing was, you were in your underpants and you left your trousers by the shed". He then replied "Were they my Dolce Vita ones with the nice belt?" I replied "Yup those were the ones" I then explained that there was £20 and an item he'd rather I didn't divulge here in the pocket. He said that he didn't remember jumping in the pond and said when he woke up the next day had no recollection of where they were. I explained that I thought I'd wait for them to be collected. After a couple of weeks we spent the £20 on a takeaway and Mrs T wore the jeans for a few years as they were her size and rather nice.

He said that he'd always wondered what happened to them, as far as he was concerned it was a complete mystery. As is always the way when I meet up with Boz, I awake with a bad hangover. It was great to see a few old friends there. Special thanks to Anne Wyatt for taking the picture. Boz is playing guitar for Morrissey as I write this. I hope he's having as good a time as I've had at my studio manager Darren's wedding today. On the subject of missing trousers, Darren Celebrated his Scottish roots by getting married in a kilt. If you were in Mill Hill Broadway at about 4.30pm today, you'd have seen his wedding cavalcade of bikes. Darren and his lovely bride Viv were in the trike at the front. I'm really pleased to see Darren & Viv getting hitched. He's a lovely bloke and shes a great gal. I wish them every happiness for the future.

No comments: