Wednesday 1 July 2009

David Miller drops a clanger !

I've often stated that I believe "Don't call me Dave" Miller is Barnet's most sensible Tory. I've been forced to suspend this title. He's dropped a major clanger in his latest blog. One that could cost us dear. We all know that Barnet's Tory Councillors read his blog more avidly than they read cabinet reports. Well his latest blog "What a bunch of Kents" details how Kent County Council have voted for even bigger rises to their allowances (as the rest of us struggle through a recession).

Surely David should realise that Barnet Council will see this as a green light to boost their own pay. If they hadn't thought of it before, they certainly will now !

Update : As I've long stated, David Miller is Barnet's most sensible Tory. He also admits when he's wrong. As such, he's removed the offending blog. If only the rest of Barnet's tories were as sensible or as prepared to take action when they get it wrong. To do so is a sign of strength, not weakness.

1 comment:

Don't Call Me Dave said...

I think you are worrying too much! If Barnet councillors had heeded my advice, they would have booted Mike Freer out of office and there would be no warden cuts, no flat screen TVs for chief officers, no junkets to America and the South of France, and no money deposited in Iceland. Oh no, I forgot. None of that was his fault was it?