Monday 20 July 2009

Vote for Somebody else !!!!!

All of our Tory bloggers seem to have got themselves in a real tizzy. Such esteemed commentators as James Cleverly and Iain Dale are prostituting themselves by giving instructions on how to vote for themselves in a blog of the year show.

I really don't do it to win prizes, if you've got five minutes spare, sign the sheltered housing petition in the sidebar. If you feel the need to vote for a political blog, vote for www.notthebarnettimes.blogspot.com. I hate awards of all kinds. I don't like the Oscars, I don't like the Brits (although I'm glad that Amy Winehouse & Kate Nash won as they are customers of the studio, on the basis that if someone has to).

Who will I be voting for? Paul Evans who runs the LocalDemocracy.org blog. I quite like the thought of all the Tory bloggers having to sit through his five hour acceptance speech. He He He !

2 comments:

Don't Call Me Dave said...

Rog

I thank you for your endorsement but, like you, do not seek external validation of my blog. I find writing it much cheaper than therapy and if other people enjoy reading it then that is an added bonus!

I will not be voting for a “blog of the year”. I already include a list of my favourite blogs on my site and most of these have been found by following links on other blogs. They are mostly political - left wing, right wing and libertarian. But I also include some religious blogs. The key point for me is whether the blog author has something interesting to say, rather than whether I agree with their point of view.

In my opinion, the idea of a “blog of the year” contest undermines the anarchic nature of blogging which is what makes it so popular with the public, and despised by the establishment.

Rog T said...

David,

Couldn't agree more with your sentiments

Cheers
Rog