Friday 14 January 2011

Give me your money and I'll change your life !

Every day I get emails from people making me this kind offer in some shape or form.

This now seems to be the refrain from Barnet Council. Charges for everything go up. We have no choice but to pay. The changes will change lives. Sadly (apart from the lucky few Tory Councillors and Council officers), the changes will be for the worse.

People who will suffer :-

Residents of Council Sheltered Housing
Young People who use Youth Services
Victims of Brain injuries
Users of Libraries
Car owners who have parking permits or use free bays
The staff of Barnet Council
Recipients of Meals on wheels (expect cold dinners sometime soon)
Groups using the arts depot
People who visit Barnets museums
 
Have a pleasant Friday evening. I'm off to get smashed

No comments: