Tuesday 19 February 2013

Organic Rocket Fuel Soup

I am not well. I have a cold which is driving me absolutely nuts and has sapped all of my energy and will to live. Sadly I don't have the option of lying a round feeling sorry for myself so I just have to get on with it.

Anyway, I thought I'd share with you the recipe for my organic rocket fuel soup. This is my dish of last resort to resolve such issues and it is a surefire cure. If you see me for the next two days, I'd advise against getting taken with the urge to snog me as it has rather a lot of garlic in ! All ingredients should be organic


Ingredients.

1 Tin Organic chopped tomatoes
4 cloves of Garlic
2 large hot red chillies
2 medium sized potatoes
1 medium sized onion
A handful of fresh chopped parsley
A tblspoon full of turmeric
A tblspoon full of fresh shaved ginger
A teaspoon of organic capers
2 organic stock vegetable cubes
A lemon
Half a lime
450 ml Water
2 tblspoons of cocunut oil

Method
Chop up Garlic cloves 10 mins before you start
Chop chillies, potatoes & onions into small pieces
Put cocunut oil in saucepan with lid. Melt on medium heat
add potatoes, onions, chillies & garlic - put lid on and cook for 4 mins, shaking periodically
Mix stock with tomatoes, water, tumeric, ginger & capers. Add to mix & leave for 15 mins
Add parsley, pepper & squeeze in Lemon & lime and serve.


No comments: