So how's your week been? Mine? Been pretty good, very busy at work providing PA systems for street party's, events and shows. Did some recordings with my band and perhaps the highlight was the London International Ska Festival Ska cruise last night. It is the best way to see London!
Enough of me, how was your week? Our local tweeters have been busy. As you can imagine, there were a lot of tweets about the Jubilee and surrounding events. Here is my pick
1. Here's a question I've been meaning to explore for some time. The best fish and chip shop in the Borough of Barnet. Here's pur first nomination. Watch this space.... Any suggestions
Poseidon in East Finchley has been the best I’ve found in London by some margin. Masters Superfish have come close as have Seafresh on Wilton Road. Golden Fish on Farringdon Road, now long gone was outstanding pic.twitter.com/SWt6MgRBIv— SpitandRoast (@SpitandRoast) June 4, 2022
2. Mattress art anyone? Could this be the next big thing?
Sad Mattress, North Finchley, 4June pic.twitter.com/w95vzs70Bg— David Mann (@DavidMann18) June 4, 2022
3. This is a pretty decent thread and this is my fave post on it, if you love a bit of Cricklewood in your life
Billy Fury way (more details here - https://t.co/pHqID7Ss48), a lonely shop amongst the redevelopment, Black Path (https://t.co/VtRvKQ9BGZ), Lone man waits for the train 3/10 pic.twitter.com/NhtQHyKomq— Adrian Scottow (@chodhound) June 1, 2022
4. If you are in the locality of Hendon and Colindale, these are both worth a look
Just been to my wife’s old stomping ground in Colindale, London, visited the church we got married in, and looked around the RAF museum! Now on the 113 bus back to Marble Arch!! Walked 8 miles so far!! 😮💨🤣 pic.twitter.com/003aLinvYJ— Meningioma Host (@Meningioma_host) June 3, 2022
5. There's been hundreds of local tweets of street parties in the Borough, but not too many of 1937 Street parties.
6. A real Dalek was spotted today in Mill Hill!
Great to see a proper doorman keeping the crowds safe whilst Hot Swing Bohèhm entertained the crowds at Mill Hill East Church for the Jubilee Picnic. A wonderful event! pic.twitter.com/TnUg1qwhAE— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) June 5, 2022
7. Some up and coming rock stars are working hard for their big gig
8. Well done guys
Celebrating Barnet Black & Amber 60s winning the @middxfa Central league with Barnet Blues Runners up joined by @BarnetFC manager Dean Brennan & Chairman Mr Kleanthous 🐝 also @middxfa Grassroots project of the year @BarnetHomes Group of the year & 2 super awards from @BFCSA1926 pic.twitter.com/wVfowpt9NV— Barnet WFT (@BarnetWft) June 4, 2022
9. What better way to commemorate a Platinum Jubilee than to plant a tree!
John Keble Church Mill Hill planted a Tree to mark the Platinum Jubilee today. pic.twitter.com/uSTOgQUS5b— ayobankole (@Ayobank) June 5, 2022
10. We love a good tube station
🚊London Underground’s Art Deco masterpieces are exemplified by East Finchley station (the tube station of my youth—well, I also hung out at Golders Green station on a Saturday evening!)— Prof. Gavin Yamey MD MPH (@GYamey) June 3, 2022
🏹 Check out the muscular archer
📸 @YameyDesigns (aka my brother Craig Yamey) pic.twitter.com/WHrvyZ51Yf
That's all folks