Friday 18 June 2010

Ramones Special - possibly the worlds most stupid blog post

Some idiot posted this :-


http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2010/06/the-10-best-ramones-songs-of-all-time.html

Now this was drawn to my attention by my dear sister who took me along to see the Ramones on the 6th July 1977. This was the moment I realised I actually loved music and wanted to do nothing else with my life. Now Mr Knob - AKA Austin L. Ray has the audacity to actually call 10 Ramones songs "The Best". Now whilst we all have our favourites, how could anyone who knows anything about the Ramones possibly miss out Pinhead, which was the highlight of every show? He chose Blitzkrieg Bop as No 1 with the following comment :-

1. “Blitzkrieg Bop” If you don’t think this is #1, you’re simply kidding yourself.
 
Well sorry Mr Ray, if you think Blitzkrieg Bop is the best track ever, you simply weren't there when it mattered. If you were wondering my top 10 - Beat on the Brat, Now I wanna Sniff some glue, Rockaway Beach, Commando,53rd and 3rd, Sheena is a Punk Rocker, California Sun, Loudmouth, Blitzgrieg Bop and yes Pinhead.

Does any of this matter. Well it does to me. If you ever saw the Ramones in their heyday, the set was like sex, only better and Pinhead was the orgasmic crescendo. I must have seen the Ramones 30 or 40 times and I miss them like mad. What really was the final nail in the reputation of Mr Ray's reputations coffin was his comment about his No 3. song :-


3. “Sheena is a Punk Rocker”
When Thurston Moore covers your song on Gossip Girl, you know you’ve done something right.

Who gives a F**K about Thurston Moore, we're talking about the Ramones. Anyone who knows anything about the Ramones would not possibly say such a stupid thing. They were a primevil force that was indescribably brilliant as a live band and made great records. I just feel honoured to have stood in the audience and watched them.

Mr Ray has achieved something I would have thought impossible. He's managed to write the most stupid blog post ever, whilst trying to praise the Ramones. Twat.

2 comments:

caroline said...

100% right Rog. A top 10 without Pinhead misses the point completely. Obviously he never saw the Ramones. The only upside to three of them dying is that their memory is forever preserved as a perfect moment in our memories. RIP and Gabba Gabba Hey!

Scott Huminski said...

Band that opened for the Ramones often in the late 70s https://youtu.be/qzQ7MXmQYfI