Saturday 20 April 2019

The Saturday List #214 - My Top Ten Ska Tunes

This weekend we have the London International Ska Festival.I am immensely proud that mu company, Mill Hill Music Complex are the sponsors.

Ska is one of my favourite genre's of music and it is probably the most fun of all genres to watch live. I am lucky to have met many legends of the UK and International Ska and Reggae scene through my work. Many of these artists could have a top ten of their own and on another day, I may have chosen any one of a number of their other hits, the choice from Toots and The Specials being especially hard. Some have special memories, such as Long Shot Kick De Bucket, which not too many other fans of the Pioneers would probably put in the list from the selection on offer. Some are just part of the landscape of our musical heritage such as Liquidator, which is a football anthem. Some such as Dat are just a bit bonkers and alwats make me smile.

Anyway, hereere is my personal Top Ten Ska playlist. I hope you enjoy it!



If you are planning a party and you want to get everyone up on the dance floor, this would be a good place to start

2 comments:

Sadie Stern said...

1. Liquidator!
2. Ghost Town
3. Israelites
4. Too Much Pressure
5. Stand Down Margaret
6. The Harder They Come
7. Young Gifted and Black
8. My Boy Lollipop
9. Monkey Man
10 Lip Up Fatty


Rog T said...

Great choices. I think Young Gifted and Black was probably my no 11.