Sunday 29 September 2019

The Tweets of the week in the London Borough of Barnet - 29/09/2019

It's Sunday, so here is our most popular regular feature! My personal selection of my favourite tweets. As it's the weekend, I generally avoid overtly political tweets, as generally they are not much fun. I love the weird, the wacky and historical gems. As some people ask my criteria for selection, if you tag me into a tweet, I'll have a look. If I've seen it or if I've been recommended it, then it may get a run. I only pick one tweet a week from any tweeter, so if you post eleven amazing tweets, I only pick the best. I also like to plug local music and gigs. Then there are the oddly shaped fruit and veg and local artworks. But in short anything goes.  And I only pick ten.

1. Rules are made to be broken, normally we avoid the tweetings of local politicians, but we couldn't resist this. Whilst the country tears itself apart over politics, we do things rather differently in Barnet. Young Tory whippersnapper Felix Byers seems to be developing a romantic interest in Mrs Angry, Barnet's firebrand lefty blogger. Check  out this whole thread, it is pretty hilarious!

2. This weeks local celeberity tweet comes from the esteemed Mr Tony Blackburn. He share's our philosophy!

3. Bablu Miah has discovered the joys of Clitterhouse farm in Cricklewood. IF you haven't we recommend it!

4. The excellent North London Time Machine have found a real gem.

5. Talking of amazing tweets, Samuel Levy is another of our favourite tweeters. This little clip is outstanding
6. Fancy some quality Jazz in Mill Hill
7. A date for your diary. This is a very good one.
8. So do we!
9. Some of us got a bit wet this week!


10. Please support this appeal. Cancer touches all of us sooner or later in some way, shape or form


That's all folks!

No comments: