Sunday 1 September 2019

The Tweets of The Week in the London Borough of Barnet - 01/09/2019

Can I let you in on a little secret, some weeks putting this together is a chore and other times, it is a real joy. This week is one of the times when it is a real joy. This could almost be "The Tweets of the Year", so high is the quality. There are all manner of reasons why people 'do social media'. For me, it is generally because I enjoy being able to find and share interesting information. That is when Twitter is at its best. My advice to anyone who wants to grow their follower base is quite simple. Tweet and retweet interesting stuff that you personally enjoy. I realised long ago that it is rather pointless following banal, dull accounts. There are enough rather good ones out there, as todays selection hopefully demonstrates.


1. We start with a brilliant Tweet, the first in a fascinating chain of tweets, from NW London Time Machine. This account only started in April, but has grown to nearly 500 followers with high quality, interesting tweets.



2. The above chain was started by a Tweeter new to me. Here is an example of another fine tweet from him


3. This is a really great tweet from our local Rugby Club


4. I've always been a fan of Barnet Rebels tweeting and this week is no exception



5. This caught my eye. Loneliness is a modern curse



6. I owe my life to amazing people like Rob Cohen. If I knew him I'd buy him a pint to pint to say thanks. As it is, he'll just have to make do with a listing in the Tweets of The Week


7. One of our fave pubs is making the headlines again


8. This sounds fascinating, will deffo try and get along


9. Fancy a bit of Jazz this week in Mill Hill?


10. Great to hear about a local success story




No comments: