Saturday 30 September 2023

The Saturday List #418 - My favourite slightly weird Instagram pictures of Mill Hill

 There are many rather twee pictures of Mill Hill. People love taking pictures of scenes such as the Angel pond with the church behind it. I rather in enjoy rather more left field scenes. Here is my selection

1. You don't need an expensive holiday in France to see the Eiffel Tower, it is on the drinks shelf at the Mill Hill Tandoori!


2. I am fascinated by insects, this handsome chap was in the back garden


3. My neighbours old shed. Sadly, the new owner removed this


4. There are many pictures of St Joe's looking wonderful in the sunshine. I prefer this, partially obscured by low cloud


5. I always love pictures of the M1 at sunset. This picture captures many of Mill Hill's defining features. The station, the M1 and the Broadwat. I rather like the polythene on the barbed wire


6. I was really proud of this picture of the fence at Mill Hill Broadway in the snow. A moment in time, so often we simply don't take time to look at things that are quite visiually pleasing. Frsh snow is a fascinating material.


7. I really love picturs in the mist. They have a sort of unworldly spookiness. This one of a tree in Lyndhurst park is another favourite


8. When the Covid memorial trees were planted, some amazing mushrooms appeared. Never seen anything like them


9. I've taken a lot of pictures of my studios (Mill Hill Music Complex) over the years. During lockdown, we cut back on maintenance to preserve cash. In 2022, we started repainting everything. I took this one of the studio 7 door before it was repainted. Those of you who were around in '77 and liked punk and reggae will see the accidental symbolism here


10. Frost is another thing that fascinates me. I love this picture. It sort of reminds me of the cover of a bad prog rock album from around 1975



That's all folls

No comments: