Sunday 5 November 2023

The tweets of the week in the London Borough of Barnet 5th November 2023

I have to say that I think this weeks selection is excellent. Thanks to our local tweeters for their hard work. It is great that some people spend the time to put such wonderful tweets together. This feature is a celebration. Please do me a favour and if you like any of these, give them a retweet and a like. That's the best way to show your appreciation.  

As ever I start with a quick round up of my week. The highlights were seeing Brother Strut, a wonderful funk band, at Koko on Friday. We met friends before for a meal at La Patagonia, an Argentinian restaurant just over the road from Koko. I had the best steak I've had for years. The sort of steak that you always hope will come, but are so often disappointed. 

Yesterday, my Band, The False Dots played at The Dublin Castle for the Madchat (Madness fan club) Charity fundraiser. It was a wonderful afternoon, we had a blast

We topped the evening with a lovely meal with my cousins at the Orange Tree. 

That was my week, what have our Tweeters been up to?

1. We'll start in Burnt Oak, if this picture doesn't bring a smile to your face, you have a heart of stone!


2. This looks amazing, stick it in your diary!


3. Imagine my delight at learning that once upon a time, Dr Who saved Cricklewood Broadway from the Auton!


4. And whilst we are in Cricklewood, @Time_nw has been doing some great work


5. This looks wonderful. Well done for reaching 50! A date for your diary


6. We love the owrk these guys are doing


7. This is well worth a shout out, can you help?


8. And it is worth sharing this, from perhaps the best known champion of our waterways and Finchley resident. I hope everyone shares his sentiments


9. If you want to be included in this, a bit of local Rock and Roll history is always welcome


10. And talking of which, the boys are back in town! Legendary 60's soul band The Foundations were in Mill Hill this week, looking rather sharp!


That's all folks!

No comments: