Tuesday 17 March 2009

A real sickie !

Just having my coco and I noticed this story in The Sun. It seems that Harriet Harman's lawyer sister is urging Jade Goody to sue the NHS for negligence because her cancer wasn't detected earlier. The article says that Ms Harman thinks Jade should get a loss of earnings payout (article is half way down page).

I cannot tell you how sick ambulance chasing lawyers make me feel. If ever someone missed the point, it's Ms Harman. Doesn't it occur to her that Jade wants to cherish her last few days with her kids? Horrible, Horrible, Horrible. Only a lawyer could see terminal cancer in a young mother as a earner. I hope Jade leaves the kids a pot of money to get a good education and have a life without their mum. She doesn't need this sort of advice and surely she's too sick to fight a case anyway.

It may seem strange to say it but Jade could teach Ms Harman a thing or two about dignity.

No comments: