Friday 29 July 2011

Amy Winehouse RIP

Just back from a week in france (more of that tomorrow), been totally out of the blogosphere, with no Internet at all for 7 DAYS. All the blogs you've read in the last week were forward posted in the weeks before I left, just to keep you entertained (some more than others it seems!). They contained a few themes, I'd been working on etc.

Anyway, I've had no internet, TV or Radio at all for 7 days, so I was shocked to see the headline on the front of the free paper I was given that Amy Winehouse has passed away. I know for you, this is old news, but it is a terrible shock for me. Amy was a customer of my studio and rehearsed with us until she became a megastar and could afford plusher £1000 a day gaffes. I sold her the blue stratocaster guitar she played on Top of  The Pops the first time she appeared.

I've watched her spiral downhill with despair. I've heard all the horrible comments and yet she was always lovely with us. She was truly special. I hope she's at peace now and she'll be leading the chorus of angels.

I still recall the first time I heard her sing. I was walking past studio 8 and heard this awesome voice. When she came out for a drink I was amazed to see this tiny girl. Where did she keep those lungs? I'd hoped and prayed that she'd sort her self out. Sadly it wasn't to be. To the press it's a story. To me it's a tragedy.

Amy, God rest your soul

1 comment:

ainelivia said...

"Love is a losing game" is the first time i heard Amy Winehouse, i was captivated by her voice, the quality of it and how she could seem to take it where she needed at will.. this is the song that i cannot get out of my head for the past week.

it is just so sad, and a big loss to real music lovers. i hate the way she was portrayed in the press.. i'm not sure that fame agreed with Amy, and i too hope that she has found peace at last...