Tuesday 12 July 2011

One - Nil to the Barnet Eye !!!!! Barnet Council allows visitors to video meetings

As the blog which broadcast the first video of Barnet Council in action, please allow us a small gloat at  the decision to allow visitors to video Council proceedings.

If you visit this link, you will see that the videos we've posted of the Council have attracted a decent amount of hits and interest. Councillor Danny "Imber" Seal suggests that bloggers will soon get bored filming meetings now it's allowed. This totally misunderstands the blogging community and the wider Barnet community. Not every meeting will be video'd,  but ones with huge public interest such as the Budget meeting this year and the Pinkham Way meeting, most certainly will be.

If you click this link - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rogtex+&aq=f -, you'll see that the Town hall footage video has got 845 views. The Pinkham Way debate got 531 views. There is an audience for the issues of real public interest. People didn't view these video's because they were well filmed or because they were banned. They viewed them because they were interested in the subject matter.

Danny Seal is not the first Barnet Tory Councillor to totally misunderstand the people he represents. Sadly he won't be the last either. Nope, I didn't film it. Last June I was elected to our local Parish Council and I had to attend the bi-monthly meeting on behalf of the people in the Parish who elected me.

6 comments:

Mrs Angry said...

er actually if it is one nil to anyone, it is the team of bloggers who have forced this issue through to this stage. I did attend the meeting,have just returned home and will report it as soon as possible.

Rog T said...

Don't wish to have a row about it, but some of us actually filmed the meetings, got shouted at, spent hours editing videos etc. Of course it's a victory for all Barnet bloggers who campaigned, but as I posted them it is especially sweet for me and I've earned my right to crow about it. I appreciate the support of everyone who backed the campaign.

Rog T said...

Dear Mrs Angry,
Just been reading Twitter. You're starting to sound like Dan Hope

Anonymous said...

Rog,

You're not reading your tweets correctly, again. Councillor Danny Seal was delighted about the vote tonight and my sources tell me was in favour of this all the way through.

The tweet you were referring to was retweeted from you chum, Councillor Robert Rams.

Hope you don't have too sore a head in the morning.

Dan

Anonymous said...

And bollocks Roger. You turned up to Hugh Rayner's meeting and at the first hurdle packed up your stuff and went.

If it takes you (inexplicably) hours and hours to get 5 mins of youtube up that is a matter for you.

You are crowing. Many have been campaigning for Eric Pickles' agenda for a long while.

Rog T said...

Dan

For a politician you are rather prone to completely missing the point. I made this video purely to prove a point. I left at the time I intended as I had a band rehearsal. The point was that I was videoing for 20 minutes before they noticed.

The reason I take time to load videos is because I take the time and trouble to edit them and optimise the sound. I don't use them as a matter of record, but to demonstrate the point I am making.

I could have posted 27 minutes of video from the above meeting, but this amply proved the point I was making and as of a length most people would sit and watch.

You really miss the point sometimes