Tuesday 5 July 2011

Happy Birthday to Me !!!!!

Tonight I went out to celebrate my belated birthday ! In all the fun surrounding the Mill Hill Music Festival, I missed my third birthday. No, not of my entry into the maternity ward in Edgware General silly, the third anniversary of my becoming a blogger ! I started blogging at the Hendon Times - Read this from their website, it'll make you laugh - http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/picture_galleries/2008/06/24/Barnet+Blog+Blog+%28Imported+from+blog+module%29/3208773.Naming_and_shaming/

And this is the blog where I announced that Brian Coleman was my on-line Father. I was told he didn't think it was very funny - http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/picture_galleries/2008/06/30/Rog+T+Blog+%28Imported+from+blog+module%29/3208915.Dr_Coleman_I_presume/ -

On my first birthday I wrote this blog to celebrate (well again belatedly). So I'm now three years old. Whilst fellow bloggers such as Mrs Angry and Mr Mustard are still in nappies, I'm at the age where I can stick knitting needles in electric plug sockets and smash up my big sisters dolls house ! Deep joy.

One of the nice things at the Mill Hill Music festival was the sheer number of people who I'd never met who came up and said they read the blog. Some of the comments were interesting, some were funny and some were surreal. One lady said "You should do more stuff about local news" I said "but it's pretty much all about local news" She replied "yes, but if you wrote about things people were interested in like dog shows and childrens plays, you'd get far more readers". If anyone knows of any forthcoming dog shows, please let me know ASAP. One lady asked "Is it really you who does it all". I said "Well I try and feature guest blogs". She replied "no, the other stuff". I said "Yes, that's all me". She replied "Oh, your not how I imagined you'd be then". I didn't dare ask.

Anyway, in celebration of my birthday, I'm going to dig up a few old stories to see how they've progressed. Stories like how much money Future Shape/OneBarnet would save us, how much money we lost in Iceland and how much we've got back and most importantly of all ....... Wait for it ........ A stunning revelation about our favourite scoffer of free dinners. All that and some breaking news on the Metpro Scandal later in the week.

Oh yes, and to celebrate this auspicious anniversary, I took the missus out to see Lou Reed at the Hammersmith Apollo, using some of the cash I earned from the ads in the sidebar. Who says crime doesn't pay !!!!

2 comments:

Mrs Angry said...

Many happy returns: yes, let's have more dog show reports, it's what the punters want ... how was Lou Reed?

baarnett said...

Well, if there's a Hendon Dog Show, you should cover it - and see if the soup waiter enters.