Tuesday 19 July 2011

Mill Hill Sports club to shut in September - Open letter to Hale Ward Councillors

I sent the following Email to Conservative Hale Ward Councillors this morning. I have yet to receive a reply
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- Original Message -----
From: Roger Tichborne
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:46 AM
Subject: Urgent - Mill Hill Sports Club to close

Dear Hale Ward Councillors,
 
As I am sure you are aware, Mill Hill Sports Club has announced it is closing. My 11 year old son is a member of the boxing club sited at MHSC. He has been informed the club is closing. It appears that Barnet Council have forced the sale by renaging on an agreement to extend the lease to facilitate a redevelopment of sports facilities. It goes without saying that the loss of cricket, boxing, squash, football and music on the site will be a devastating loss. I will be seeking further clarification via FOI requests later today. I cannot believe that this can be seen as a positive development for the residents of Hale Ward or Mill Hill Ward
 
I will be launching a campaign to oppose the loss of sports facilities. I am seeking you views on the closure of the club and the role of the council in this. I am copying the leader and the CEO as I believe these are issues which they should be aware of.
 
Please be aware that I intend to publish responses to this email (and non responses) on the Barnet Eye. If you have any comments which you wish to convey to me privately and do not wish to be published, please email me a suitable contact number.
 
Regards
Roger Tichborne
The Barnet Eye

1 comment:

schraerr said...

hi roger, wondering if you could call the Times Series again on 02083595845. apologies, misplaced your contact number.

best,
Rachel Schraer