Just for fun, I thought I'd compile a list of anthems for the Euro Referendum. Feel free to add any I may have missed in the comments.
1. Bowie was a well known Europhile, recording some of his best work in Berlin and his greatest song "heroes" is about division in Europe. This would be a cracking song for the Remain campaign. Stay is surely a winner for them
2. And what Iconic track should front the #Brexit campaign. The first one that comes to mind is the fantastic Diana Ross with "I'm Coming Out"
3. I suppose that no Euro Referendum top ten in the weeks leading up to the Reffo could miss out The Final Countdown by Europe!
4. Of course many of us haven't made up our mind. I think there can only be one which sums this dilemma up. The Clash of course with "Should I Stay or Should I go". I guess we can summise that Mick Jones is swinging towards the #Brexit camp "If I go there will be trouble, An' if I stay it will be double" (only joking Mick).
5. The Animals had no such doubts. They know what they want, with "We gotta get out of this place"
6. Now you can't have a decent list without The Ramones. If the #Brexit brigade get their way, it will be a case of Here today, gone tomorrow!
7. Both sides will have you believe that this is the other mobs anthem! "Born to Lose" by the incomparable Heartbreakers
8. Of course both sides will be hoping that they will be singing this Fleetwood Mac dittie on the morning after. It is of course Landslide
9. The #Brexit Mob will have you believe that the EU has been doing this to the UK taxpayer for years!
10. Of course Neil Sedaka disagrees and thinks "Breaking up is Hard to Do"
I'm sure by the end of June, whatever the result we'll all agree with Captain Sensible that we're "Glad its all over"