Friday 27 August 2021

Please sign this petition to save the Robert Elms and Jo Good show on BBC Radio London daytime weekday slot


Yesterday I was shocked to hear the news that BBC Radio London's management are planning changes to their schedule and are dropping the Robert Elms show from Monday to Thursday and moving Jo Good to a graveyard night shift. Robert has been an amazing friend to the Save London Music Campaign that I am involved with. His show is a vital part of London's cultural landscape. He is often the first radio presenter to play artists and is a confirmed music lover. Moving his show will damage the cultural life of London. It appears to me that the management at BBC London simply do not understand how important Robert's show is. The list of gigs I've seen, CD's I've bought, tracks I've downloaded, artists I've discovered through the show is endless. I've also been to restaurants, exhibitions and other cultural events. It's not just that Robert discusses these, he has an insatiable apetite to share them with the rest of us. 

The Jo Good show is also a gem. Her Thursday 'Barking hour' is a one off. Dog owners from across the world tune in. She covers all manner of topics that no other presenter would even think of. A huge number of people, like me, who listen at work, will be absolutely gutted to lose her.

Please sign this petition - https://chng.it/NFMHpq5ZyL - we simply cannot, as a City, lose these radio icons. 

No comments: