Thursday 29 July 2010

Clarification : The Barnet Eye and The Broadway Blogger

A few people have asked me recently if as well as being The Barnet Eye, I am also "The Broadway Blogger". Some naughty souls have even suggested I've done this to promote a "veneer of respectablity" and so I could leave comments on my own blog  ???? They have suggested as evidence that there is no email link for the Broadway blogger, that he clearly plays in a band and has music interests, eats and drinks at the same places as me.

Nope, wrong on all counts. My band is The False Dots, I've nothing at all to do with Gareth Icke who he's promoting. I don't need a veneer of respectability, the blog stands or falls on it's contents. The Broadway Blogger is a customer of my studio, but I've not spoken to him about his blog (or about anything for a few years and then only to take bookings). I like the Broadway Blog, I hope it stays successful. In many ways it's a little bit what this blog would be like if Barnet Council wasn't run by twats (although there would be more music and more football). I think the Broadway Blogger should set himself up an email link on his profile though.  A couple of people have said that they'd possibly like to advertise on his blog.

Oh and I'm not shagging Mrs Angry as one naughty email correspondent suggested.

6 comments:

Broadway Blogger said...

Good Heavens Roger !! Are you being serious ? I just happen to be a Mill Hillian like your goodself ( who voted Tory I might add for MP and Lib for councillors )who wants the best for our community like you do. I have got an e mail address at the top of my blog though ? so I am a little confused. The Broadway Blog will develop - I was talking last night to the former Trade Association head of the Broadway and he feels that it may be time to resurrect the Broadway trade association !! Which would be awesome.

I am a customer of Roger's for many years but have never spoken to him on any occasion about anything other than music. I can confirm that he did not even know anything about the Broadway blog.

The blogs of Barnet are going from strength to strength. Allied to our excellent local newspaper the Times - the future of Barnet is safe in the hands of people like Roger and Mrs Angry and all those who love our area.

Barnet Eye is by far my favourite blog - because it is local and Roger wears his heart on his sleeve which gives his writing true passion and power. I am honoured to be even spoken of in the same breath to be honest.

Broadway Blog is quite simply a positive push for the area that we all love - that is all and of course everyone is welcome to come over and comment and read.

Mrs Angry said...

OY!Tichborne! Name and shame the naughty emailer who is casting aspertions on my honour!

As if I could possibly have eyes for anyone but that groovy babe magnet, and renowned linguist, Councillor John Hart.

Dear oh dear.

baarnett said...

This proves nothing.

Answer me this: You never see Roger and the Broadway Blogger in a room AT THE SAME TIME, do you?

Ah, yes. Think about it.

But please don't ever say again "Mill Hillian". It sounds too much like "Lynne Hillan".

Rog T said...

You do if you hang around the reception at Mill Hill Music long enough :^)

Broadway Blogger said...

Apologies for using the term Mill Hillian at this precise point in the history of our area :-)

I would hate to be the E Mailer when Mrs Angry catches up with them ! and my eyes are watering at the revelation about her interest in a councillor !

This blog and its comments gets more surreal every day !

Mrs Angry said...

I have it on good authority that Rog T is actually 'shagging' Mrs T, and I leave it to your imagination which one. Clue: my enemy's enemy is my best Friend ...