Saturday 17 July 2010

Barnet Council and the war on greedy parasites - The wise words of Councillor Kate Salinger

I urge everyone to read this article on the Hendon Times. It is an interview with Councillor Kate Salinger, who has been humilated for her principled stand against the Greedy Parasites of the Barnet Tory Party who have voted a huge increase in allowances, whilst telling everyone else they must show restraint.


http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/8277468.Outcast_Tory_councillor_says_she_has_received_widespread_support_from_constituents/?ref=mc

Here is an extract from the interview. 
She said:”I am a Conservative and I was following national leadership, which I am happy to do.“I have not been criticised by any constituents and I can only imagine my actions met with their favour.“I will continue to serve my constituents the best I can and I can only in a way I have always tried to.”
In a democracy, it is vital that we recognise and respect people of principle and people who are prepared to make a stand at personal cost and risk. Kate Salinger deserves our support.
I imagine her constituents are most pleased.

No comments: