Sunday 14 November 2010

Rant-a-Vision Launch - Official Barnet Tory Response

Yesterday I launched the Rant-A-Vision service on this blog, with a rant about tuition fees. I then emailed Barnets leading Tory blogger (since the retirement of Don't Call Me Dave) for a response. I am mindful that I don't want this blog to become the "internal house magazine of the hard left" in Barnet as one correspondent described it. Given that I don't actually understand the Tories support for tuition fees, I thought maybe Mr Dan Hope, Blogger, Ex Councillor and Barnet Tory might be just the man. Anyway, he has done a response of sorts, although you may need the password - swiveleyedtrot (can't think why he chose a password like that) - to access it  -  enjoy -

http://vimeo.com/16805458

Unlike most of our Barnet Tories, Mr Hope isn't completely without humour (except when it comes to his ex Tory Councillor Colleagues,  especially Andrea Tamborineplayer, winding him up). Sadly though, I must surmise that he agrees with every word I've said as his response consists entirely of my original broadcast.

It is very hard to start a debate when everyone seems to agree (apart from a few MP's more concerned about their career than their communities).

2 comments:

Broadway Blogger said...

LOL Was that the version which was recorded "The Tight Trouser" mix or thr "Helium" special.

Good to see the HENDON TIMES promoting the Local March today and the article immediately going into the Top 5 of viewed articles.

Broadway Blogger said...

Roger - I find it strange that today CAMERON has offered IRELAND 12 Billion pounds to bail them out - yet can't offer any money towards FEES for students ( because we have a debt )
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1330040/Ireland-70bn-bailout-Fears-grow-country-drag-Europe-recession.html

Can you explain this is a blog please ? because I cant understand that on one hand CAMERON says there is no money to spend - and then the very next week he starts splashing the cash on IRELAND.

Forgive me for being a simple person but surely if UK taxpayers pay tax we want to invest that tax in OUR YOUNG PEOPLE not in the IRISH people and government who quite frankly have messed up their own finances by spending big.

This is a situation that I just dont understand. Either we have the money to spend or we dont - that is surely the way things are ? or is CAMERON lying to us and everything is actually fine and he is doing the CUTS for ideological reasons NOT for financial reasons.