Thursday 26 July 2012

Thinking of moving to T-Mobile? beware of international roaming charges

I recently switched my mobile phone supplier to T-Mobile. As I am going abroad in a few weeks, I decided to make sure that roaming was set up for abroad today. I've been with various other suppliers over the years and this has never been a problem. The package I have is a business package and when I took it on, I was promised the earth by the salesman. This is the first time I've had reason to use the helpdesk to get my service reconfigured.

On calling I was informed that they require a £250 deposit for the international roaming service to be switched on. I think that this is totally outrageous. If I could, I would cancel my contract immediately, but that would cost me £292.

Although I have no proof or record of this, I am sure that I was assurred this could be done without cost. I travel abroad regulalrly enough to make this an issue.

So my message to you the customer is this. If you are being offered a package, make sure you ask how much it costs to have roaming switched on before you sign. My message to T-Mobile is this. You have just lost a customer, because at the first opportunity I possibly have, I will be cancelling my contract. Be warned  !!!!

No comments: