Wednesday 13 November 2019

The Wednesday Poem and Cultural Round Up - Don't Blame Me

Don't Blame Me

Don't blame me when you're firm goes bust,
Don't blame me when dreams turn to dust,
Don't blame me when savings disappear,
Don't blame me you can't afford a beer,
Don't blame me when your kids blame you,
Don't blame me when your bank forcloses too,
Don't blame me when the world erupts in war,
Don't blame me they're knocking on your door!

I did my best to try and make sure,
You don't believe those leaflets they put through your door,
I wrote six million words, telling you in this blog, 
So don't you dare say it's all your fault Rog!

Copyright 2019 Roger Tichborne


On the 12th December, we vote in a General Election. There are a hell of a lot of porkies being told right now. Last night I saw the most bizarre Party political broadcast of all time, featuring the Prime Minister pretending to go for a coffee and claiming, amongst other things that he likes The Clash and The Rolling Stones. A general election debate should be about policies, not this sort of vacuous nonsense. Yesterday, we had a report in the Jewish Chronicle that one of Mike Freer's Conservative buddies had behaved in an appalling manner on a visit to Lib Dem challenger Luciana Berger's offices. There are two undeniable facts. The first is that the Tory party has lurched to the right under Boris, with a purge of sensible and competent moderates. The second is that appalling behaviour, such as that displayed at Luciana Berger's office is becoming more prevalent. I am not a Momentum supporter, but if the perpetrator of the visit had been a Momentum supporter, it would have been the lead item on the news. The BBC seems to me to have been cowed by the Tory party. This should be a worry. 

If you cannot see how dangerous the situation is becoming, then I suggest you buy a couple of history books, detailing what happened in Germany in the 1920's and 30's. The first thing that happened was abuse, then violence was normalised. It isn't alright. Whoever you intend to vote for, please consider the fact that we need proper debate, not conducted with milkshakes, violence and hate. I've written a blog for eleven years now, over six million words. My mission has been to spur sensible debate, promote art and culture and try and make our little corner of London a better place. Felt I had to say something. 


Cultural Round Up.

There are some good things going on in and around the Borough of Barnet, Please add these to your diary.

Jazz Tonight in Mill Hill


Panto In Finchley


Hampstead Theatre


Comedy in Finchley
Ska in Barnet


Irish Music in Kilburn


Music Lessons for Children in Finchley
.


Please join us on Friday 13th December at 8pm at The Midland Hotel, Hendon, for the Barnet Eye Community awards and annual Xmas party. We are also looking for nominations for our community awards, click here for details. Free admission

No comments: