Friday 10 March 2023

The Friday Joke and some musings on life 10th March 2023

 Ok, lets start with the Friday Joke. I think we all need a joke to start the weekend off. Once more I am endebted to Robert Wilkinson for this gem. A bit risque, but it made me smile.


Ive often asked my missus why she married me, but as she's a very honest person, I've never had the courage to ask, as I may get an answer I don't like. It wasn't for my sense of humour, as I'm definitely "not funny". I'm rather hope it's not for my amazing good looks. This might sound strange, but whenever she comments positively on a mans looks, they are invariably wrong uns. She reckoned Saddam Hussein was rather handsome and Osama Bin Laden had a 'kind face', which is quite worrying at times. She insists this is a purely a comment on their physical appearance.... As to my prowess in the bedroom? If I ever ask her if she enjoyed it, I am met with "Yes, can you now get me a cup of tea" or "yes, can you let the dog out" the such like . I suspect that the main motivation for such activity is because she can't be bothered to get out of bed and something needs doing. I suspect that when the house is cold it happens far more regularly. Was it for the money? Well, I'm not skint, but I'm certainly not the richest guy either. Was it for my impeccable music taste? We do have a few artists in common that we like, but if I want to listen to Wire or The Fall, I have to sit in the shed. Is it because I am a great cook? I am a pretty dab hand in the kitchen these days, but I can't say that was a key thing when we hooked up 37 years ago. In truth I don't really know at all, what I do know is why I married her, It's because I'm a slightly less miserable git when she's around.

Have a great weekend. Here's a tune for you. If you enjoy it, Please come and see the False Dots at The Dublin Castle in Camden Town on Friday 24th March, it should be a wonderful night

Full details here - www.wegottickets.com/event/573818


,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you mean to write “Friday 24th March Roger”. Not June as I noticed it a one error though. Just for heads up. 🙂😀 Anyways I will see you there at the Dublin Castle.