Monday 26 July 2010

The Brokeback Coalition in Barnet?

As many regular readers know, I stood for the Lib Dems in the March Council elections. A few of them who know the history of my band (The False Dots) will know that at one time, we used to end our set with a cover of "Space Cowboy" by the Steve Miller Band (historical note : This is not the song "The Joker" by the Steve Miller Band which many people mistakenly think is called Space Cowboy).

I was reminded of this by one of our bands famous "Mork Dancers" last night who played five a side with me last night. He said "Did you hear David Davies calling the coalition the Brokeback Coalition yesterday". I replied "Yes" rather tersely. He then said "So is the Mill Hill Space cowboy going to be asking the trougher in chief (Brian Coleman) out for a drink?".

As the game progressed (my Mork Dancing pal was on the other side), he kept lobbing in comments such as "You know opposites attract" and "He's had a big payrise you know".

Well sorry to disappoint anyone in Barnet who may have been wondering. This is one odd couple who you won't be reading about in your papers anytime soon. I'd rather jump in front of a train

1 comment:

Alex Sarychkin said...

The trains would have to be on time first!