Tuesday 13 July 2010

Greedy, unprincipled and corrupt - The Barnet Conservatives

The Barnet Tories tonight voted huge pay increases for themselves at a Council meeting. This at a time of recession and public spending cuts. If you are a Tory voter, is this what you voted for? I'm sorry to say I feel too disgusted to say too much else. They have disgraced themselves, Barnet Council and the Conservative Party. I call on David Cameron to strip them of affiliation to the party. If Cameron lets a Conservative Council get away with this he will lose public respect and authority.

Watch this space - but let no one be in any doubt about the greedy, parasitic, unscrupulous nature  of Lynne Hillans regime.

4 comments:

baarnett said...

Un-be-lievable.

Jaybird said...

Thanks for letting us know Rog.

This is not a good use of public money.

Mrs Angry said...

I've just come back from this meeting. I'll blog about it tomorrow. Let me just say now that I have attended council meetings over the years, but I've never seen, until this new Tory intake, a more shameful collection of self serving, third rate councillors. Absolutely, mindblowingly, awful, with absolutely no integrity: none of them.They all voted pay rises, all of the Tories except Kate Salinger who abstained. I don't want to hear any excuses for any of them or hear that some of them are really decent chaps: they had the chance to prove that tonight and none of them showed any guts or backbone whatsoever.

Broadway Blogger said...

This has to make the Nationals and South East Today. At this time of cuts we really need our Councils to set an example.

TROUGHING ( as it is known ) should be consigned to the dustbin of political history. Not resurrected at the expense of Barnet Council Tax payers.

Go get em Roger.