1. Politicians in ill fitting suits suddenly appear in pictures in the press planting trees - http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/11037224.New_trees_to_brighten_high_streets/ - those of us who've dug holes for a living will note the lack of ability to hold a shovel properly
2. MP's who've been invisible for the past four years start popping up in pictures at schools http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/11100081.Children_impress_MP_with_climate_change_knowledge/
3. MP's pop up in the press taking credit for decisions they had no role in http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/11083746.Barnet_set_to_receive_extra___200_000_for_its_school
4. Tax cuts are announced for the first time in years http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/11053015.One_per_cent_council_tax_cut_as_new_budget_is_set/
5. Smiling councillors you've never seen before suddenly start doling out 'community awards' http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/11037160.Library_volunteers_awarded/ to Grannies and young children.
6.Councillors you've never seen in daylight start appearing concerned about the local health service, doling out small grants http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/11029030.Councillor_in_ambulance_ride_along/
7. Leaflets start arriving containing all manner of misleading information http://www.edgware-today.co.uk/News.cfm?id=10180&headline=Conservative%20campaign%20leaflet%20causes%20a%20stir
8. Councillors suddenly become concerned about all sorts of petty bureaucratic charges, announcing they've suddenly been abolished http://www.edgware-today.co.uk/News.cfm?id=10547&headline=It’s%20party%20time%20as%20fee%20is%20axed
9. MP's suddenly get terribly concerned about the local jobless http://www.edgware-today.co.uk/News.cfm?id=8544&headline=MP%20hails%20positive%20feedback%20from%20his%20recruitment%20fayre
10. Councillors you've never heard of before suddenly start pretending truly appalling stats about education figures are marvellous http://www.edgware-today.co.uk/News.cfm?id=7652&headline=Seven%20out%20of%2010%20win%20place%20at%20first-choice%20secondary%20school so a story which says "Thousands of local schoolchildren are not getting a suitable school place" Becomes "Seven out of 10 win place at first-choice secondary school" with a picture of a smiling councillor.
You may or you may not think all of that is starting to make democracy a bit of a joke. If you don't the here is this Fridays joke !
'Viagra' is now available
in tea bags.
It doesn't enhance your sexual performance
but it does stop your biscuit going soft.