Friday 5 December 2008

A song for Councillor Brian Coleman

It's Friday evening so it's Colemanbashing time !!!!

I thought I'd put together his top ten tunes - they are all far to good to waste on him, but there you go !

1. Your an embarrassment - Madness
2. Fast Cars - The Buzzcocks
3. I just can't get enough - Depeche Mode
4. You drive me ape - The Dickies
5. Life (is knowing when it's time to go) - Michelle Shocked
6. Take the Money and Run - The Steve Miller Band
7. Feed me - Wire
8. Hollow Man - The Cult
9. Me and my Desire - 999
10. I wanted everything - The Ramones

I don't know about you, but I think he makes a far better compilation album than he makes a human being or a councillor.

fAST CARS - The Buzzcocks

They're nice and precise, each one begins and ends
They may win you admirers, but they'll never earn you friends
Fast cars, fast cars
Fast cars, I hate fast cars
They're so depressing going around and around
Ooh, they make me dizzy, oh fast cars they run me down
Fast cars, fast cars,
Fast cars, I hate fast cars
Sooner or later, you're gonna listen to Ralph Nader
I don't wanna cause a fuss, but fast cars are so dangerous
Fast cars, fast cars
Fast cars, I hate fast cars, fast cars
Fast cars, fast cars
I hate fast cars

10 comments:

valblog said...

I'm too sexy??? - NOT!!!!!

Mrs T said...

Dear Rog T,

So even though you clam are a musician Brian Coleman has had more hits than you !!!!!

Did you make these songs up. I've not even heard of most of them or the so called bands?

I am sure you are very good at making the tea for your customers but lets face it you know nothing at all about running the 9th largest Borough in the country.

I have read every line of every blog here and there is not a single word of common sense anywhere. Oh how Councillor Mike Freer and Councillor Brian Coleman must howl with laughter at your purile daly daitribes !!!!!

Rog T said...

Hello Mrs T,

Welcome to the fan club. Send me your details and I'll send you the official Rog T fan club badge. Just out of interest are you a relative? I know a couple of my relatives had serious brain injuries? I think you'll find all of the bands and tunes are real and rather good. I'd suggest you take the trouble to have a listen as you clearly have too much time on your hands !!!

You are very perceptive. I am an extremely good tea maker and I'm sure this has been the cornerstone of my success in business.

As to the lack of common sense, can't please all of the people all of the time. I can promise that I'll do my best to keep Mike Freer and Brian Coleman "howling" as much as I possibly can. Please feel free to let me know of any particularly "unsensible" things you object to. I'm all for a bit of debate.

Duncan Macdonald said...

"Do you make these songs up" - Mrs T

This just makes me feel old. I remember most of these. How about the cover of 'money' by the Flying Lizards to add to the list.

Rog T said...

Duncan,

I was tempted to include "Money for nothing" by Dire Straits but I wasn't convinced he gave that much value !

Anonymous said...

I'm still not sure Rog and Mrs T aren't related ;)

Oh and Rog... can you take off the 'word verification' thing. As you have to have an account to leave a comment, isn't it overkill?

Rog T said...

Dan,

Unlike the leader, I listen to sensible suggestions. Word verification removed.

Unknown said...

Im sure Mike has better things to do than read this balderdash in all honesty, sorry to pee on your ego!

Brian Coleman aka Mr Toad has GOT to go said...

I am indebted to you Rog. Some great potential in your list which I shall doubless be plundering for the MySpace page. For now though, I have plumped for a song by the late, great Ray Charles at:
http://www.myspace.com/mr_toad_has_got_to_go

Rog T said...

"Dave"

I'm sure our Great leader has much much better things to do with himself. Wonder why he doesn't, don't you ?