Tuesday 13 January 2009

Mike Freer : Take my advice and get yourself Rogered

Well that got your attention didn't it. What filthy little minds you have! Being one of the global fraternity of Rogers, I object to the common usage of the term "Rogering" and I want to reclaim it to reflect the many and varied talents of the Rogers of the world, not just our renowned virility. It has come to my attention that one of the many talents us Rogers seem to have is that we write exceptionally good blogs. There are many examples of this prowess (apart from my own humble effort, but probably my favourite is Ramblin with Roger, by Roger Owen Green - http://rogerowengreen.blogspot.com/. I don't know what it is about us Rogers, but we seem to be prolific in the blogging realm and the range and depth of subjects on various blogs is truly amazing. I think you'll agree we're also rather handsome chaps !!!!



So what's all this got do with Mike Freer? Well probably the best Tory blogger I've come across (as it were) is GLA Member Roger Evans.


His City Hall blog is interesting and informative. He doesn't mind a bit of a row with various commenters and it is well put together and interesting. As one would expect from a Roger, if you check his profile, he runs a total of Four blogs !!! All on blogspot Free of charge. He puts old two blogs Freer to shame. I noticed that Roger also runs a mentoring service (with associated blog) for prospective Tory Candidates. Now he doesn't say what he calls this service, but as I said, I want to reclaim the phrase "Rogered" so in this blog if I say someone needs to be Rogered, I mean given guidence on how to write a decent blog. It seems that Messr's Evans and Owen Green have a lot to offer the wider blogging community.

It strikes me that given the quality of his four (free) blogs, Roger Evans should most certainly give our Council leader Mike Freer a few lessons in writing a blog. Mike Freer's sorry effort (click HERE) merely seems to carry rehashed Council press releases. What is our Mike so scared of that he can't say what he's actually been up to? If Roger Evans can put a decent blog together for free, then surely Mike owes us a bit more effort and commitment. I'm sure that if Mike contacted his Tory Colleague, he'd be more than happy to take him in hand and sort him out. My Advice Mike - Get on the phone and get yourself Rogered.

1 comment:

Citizen Barnet said...

I like Roger Owen Green, you know, I just might defect... only kiddin'! You Rogers put my bloggin' to shame. I decided when I started my blog that it would just be a diary of Future Shape campaigning, so I am limiting myself in material and tone. But I could still do better! Must do better. Another resolution, along with 'get to bed before midnight'.