Sunday 23 January 2011

Official Statement from Matthew Offord clarifying a vicious attack on him

The Barnet Eye is pleased to carry this clarification from the office of Matthew Offord MP following the recent vicious attack on him.

"I have taken the opportunity to put my side of the story to Barnet Eye readers regarding speculation regarding the recent vicious attack on my which caused much press comment. Having spoken with the mug which flew out of the cupboard, defying the laws of gravity, hitting me in the eye detaching my retina, I am now satisfied that their was no anti semitic intent on the part of the mug. I wish to apologise to the family of the mug, if I had inadvertently implied that such intent existed. I also wish to pay tribute to the service the mug gave me, assisting me in my campaign. Clearly it is a shame that the mug has decided it no longer wished to work for me, and can in no way condone the vicious physical assault which the mug subjected me to. I in no way accept the mugs contention that the assault was in anyway provoked by my actions in opening the cupboard.

I must say that I am pleased that there are still plenty of other mugs in Hendon left who do my bidding and will vote for me. I promise to do my very best to enjoy myself on the their behalf and occasionally turn up to the odd debate in Parliament, when it suits me. I'd like to thank all the mugs in Hendon for their hard work in May and hope I've given everyone a good laugh with my antics".

As ever the Barnet Eye is always pleased to hear from our local MP's. I was slightly suspicious at first that maybe this wasn't actually from Matthew Offord, but as he's so full of wit, I discounted this possibility.

No comments: