Monday 31 January 2011

Pride

Well I really should be tucked up in bed right now, but actually I'm exhillerated (and dyslexic, hence the crap spelling). Barnet was on London news tonight. Why? because we got off our arses and said "No we are not going to take this crap". How does that make me feel. Very proud.

Let me share a private moment with you, which gave me a small moment of personal enlightenment about what we achieved today. My daughter has enrolled in a confirmation class. Again I'm proud of my kids. Today was the first mass for her confirmation group (for those of you who don't know, confirmation is something kids of 13 do in my tradition). The reading at the mass included the line "Blessed are those who fight for justice". Whatever your views, I hope that is a sentiment you subscribe to. Injustice is nothing new, struggle is nothing new. I suspect that there will always be a fight for justice.

I do believe we achieved something today. I also believe that even if we win this battle, the fight will never go away. Sometimes it may be easier and sometimes it may be harder. So long as we can come together, put our differences aside and let no one walk all over us, we can make a difference. Today I have a very strong sense of pride, for a whole host of reasons. I was sent this link to an album of pictures taken at todays march and rally. If you were there, please have a look.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=julia1610&target=ALBUM&id=5568040283423358737&authkey=Gv1sRgCKqb96fXy_3V7wE&feat=email&mode=SLIDESHOW

It makes it all worth while.

No comments: