Monday 5 December 2011

Councillor Robert Rams criticises Brian Coleman and says he was wrong to attack constituents

This evening we saw an amazing exchange of Twitter comments between Barnet Council Cabinet member (and GLA office manager) Robert Rams and a Barnet twitterer. For those of you who are not Twitterers and may not have seen it, here is the conversation.

John Baldy asked Rams why he approved a Brian Coleman article for publication in Totally Jewish, where Coleman branded constituents Racist. Rams replied that he didn't and said

"I have never defended him over those comments ... They were wrong and at the time I told him so"

Until recently, Councillor Rams has been Colemans most loyal disciple. Is this a sign that the Barnet Tories have had enough of Coleman and his shenanigans. Read the Twitter exchange from the bottom up.


Cllr Robert Rams

@
I've explained the process ... I've offered to meet to discuss ... Nothing more I can add
Cllr Robert Rams

@
sadly I can't check on things they send personally
Cllr Robert Rams

@
if they want us to send it from our offices there are tight rules, if they decide to send themselves, they say what they like
Cllr Robert Rams

@
I can't remember what they were, but I do this with articles my members write all the time
Cllr Robert Rams

@
what is different from what I have said, I saw the article and checked if for legal stuff ... Ie non political and liberllous
Cllr Robert Rams

@
from memory in the end he sent the article himself, not using our offices
Cllr Robert Rams

@
I have to check for legal issues, we have to be non political from these officers, and no those comments not in version I saw
Cllr Robert Rams

@
I have never defended him over those comments ... They were wrong and at the time I told him so
Cllr Robert Rams

@
nope, I am head of office for all the conservative members, advise them all, not all of them take my advise!
JohnBaldy

It seems to me, you were working FOR Brian Coleman while he was SMEARING your constituents.
Cllr Robert Rams

if i had site of it - why dont you come to my next surgery and we can discuss this in person, rather than over this?
Cllr Robert Rams

@
now i understand why you continue to blank me - do you honestly think i would let something like that be published!
Cllr Robert Rams

@
i think your comments need to be targeted to said member, not me!
Cllr Robert Rams

@
a version did, not saying it did not, but never saw the comments you mention until in the paper
JohnBaldy

I did not say you wrote it. You told me it came across your desk. This:
Cllr Robert Rams

@
i think you have to be very careful what you are saying here
Cllr Robert Rams

@
i never wrote anything like that - im sure you would like to withdraw that comment
JohnBaldy

...came across YOUR desk before publication did it not?
JohnBaldy

But that 'Totally Jewish' article which labelled your constituents as a bunch of racists.....

No comments: