Saturday 31 December 2016

Wishing everyone an excellent New Year 2017

So it's nearly here. The end of 2016 and the beginning of 2017. I cannot remember a year which so many have faced with such trepidation. There are always worries in the world,But that is for another day.

All that is left for this year is to put the champagne on ice, get to the party and forget about our blues for a little while. As is the tradition at The Barnet Eye, I always post a video to mark the new year and get you in the mood. I chose this song, "Heal Me", which is a love song I wrote in 1984 and Allen Ashley wrote a new chorus, and changed added verses. It is one of my favourite False Dots songs.  We've probably played this number with more different line ups of the Dots than any other song!

I chose it as  I think we all need love and healing in our life. Our planet needs healing and the souls of our leaders need healing. The video has some footage of Mill Hill that I rather like spliced in. I knocked this up simply to learn how to use a video editor so it's some live footage with  few cuts. Hope you enjoy it, have a great New Year and if you have someone who loves you, make sure they know you love them to and if you don't, then I hope you find someone who does in 2017 or even tonight. I'm off to see Lee Thompson with the Silencerz tonight at The Dublin Castle in Camden Town.

No comments: