Thursday 17 July 2014

Church Farmhouse Museum 2014 - The sad decline of a local treasure

They say one picture tells a thousand words. I recently took a rather sad little tour of Church Farmhouse Museum with the former curator, Gerrard Roots. Barnet Council Conservatives closed the museum three years ago, shortly after giving themselves a hefty hike in allowances. It is a grade II listed building and the oldest building in Hendon, with formerly beautiful Gardens.

Watch this video and consider whether you agree with me that we should treat our civiv treasures a little bit better. I personally feel this is the most upsetting film I've yet made about our Council. It really shows just how little they care.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Disgraceful. But Barnet Council aren't interested in relics besides their own councillors!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry, this is so sad